Indian reservations have long struggled with substandard living conditions and a plethora of financial hardships. Some have found great success from building casinos, but some tribes have been seeking alternative means to drive revenue. According to an article featured in Fox Business News, the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe in eastern South Dakota is preparing to open a legal marijuana business on their reservation within the next six months. Read more
The Florida Detox Helpline is committed to helping those who struggle with alcohol and drug addiction find effective detox and treatment programs. These resources will provide readers with up to date articles and reports on topics regarding addiction and treatment options. Check back frequently for new and exciting material.
New research from the Children’s National Health System, reports that synthetic marijuana, also known as K2 or spice, decreases the oxygen flow to the heart, which can cause some very serious heart problems. Lowered oxygen levels to the heart leads to a series of consequences, such as chest pain, difficulty breathing and even heart attacks. Read more
Florida Detox Helpline
- How does alcoholism and thiamine deficiency interact?
- Addiction to opioids usually begin at home, warns study
- Synthetic marijuana is more dangerous than natural marijuana
- Naloxone kits help, but financial and institutional barriers limit access
- Liberal naloxone use may up opioid abuse, says new study