For someone who has been drinking for a considerable period of time, quitting doesn’t happen easy. In such a case, alcohol withdrawal syndrome (AWS) often plays the spoilsport, as withdrawal symptoms surface the moment a chronic alcoholic stops drinking, with milder signs occurring within hours after the last peg. However, if left untreated, it aggravates to more aggressive and life-threatening symptoms.
It is not easy being parents to teenagers as there is a high probability of them going astray. They have impressionable minds that could be lured by things that seem exciting to them. Seeking thrill at this age is just natural. But the problem is that abusing drugs is considered trendy with teenagers. Hence, it is quite obvious for parents to be on edge. They invariably reel under the fear that their wards might be abusing drugs or alcohol. Read more
Florida Detox Helpline
- Naloxone kits help, but financial and institutional barriers limit access
- Liberal naloxone use may up opioid abuse, says new study
- Side effects of detox drugs one should know about
- Marco Pierre White Jr confesses to taking ‘medical’ heroin in Instagram post
- Distribution of furanylfentanyl by Florida-based orthopedic surgeon stirs debate on prescription drugs