Alcohol dependence is such that despite being aware of the ill effects of drinking, a person fails to have any control over the amount and frequency of its consumption. There is always a strong need and craving to drink among alcoholics. It has negative effects on the vital organs, such as brain, heart and liver, impacting the overall immunity. It also makes the body prone to a number of diseases.
The struggle against withdrawal from alcohol or drug can be daunting, especially in case of a heavy and prolonged addiction. Alcohol withdrawal results in a number of physical and emotional changes that can pose serious challenges in an addict’s life.
Florida Detox Helpline
- Naloxone kits help, but financial and institutional barriers limit access
- Liberal naloxone use may up opioid abuse, says new study
- Side effects of detox drugs one should know about
- Marco Pierre White Jr confesses to taking ‘medical’ heroin in Instagram post
- Distribution of furanylfentanyl by Florida-based orthopedic surgeon stirs debate on prescription drugs